Terms & conditions of sale - The Electric Gate Shop Ltd
To purchase items from our online shop, you need to register as a customer. All information sent during the registration process is encrypted. You can review and update your customer information at any time using your login and password.
When you place an order, you will be sent an acknowledgment email stating the order number, date and time of order, billing and shipping information, goods ordered, sub total, shipping cost and grand total. Although the email will state method of payment (for example, credit card) it will not include the card details you have supplied for security reasons.
Contracts are concluded in English and are subject to the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Customers Cancellation Rights
Goods can be returned as 'Unsuitable' or 'Unwanted' as follows,
Goods can be returned as 'Unsuitable' or 'Unwanted' within 14 days of the order supplied. Items must be returned in the original packaging and condition. Parts that have been 'specially ordered in' cannot be returned under any circumstances.
Please enclose your name and address, the reason for returning the item, and your preferred course of action - for example, replacement, credit note or refund. Carriage costs will be refunded only if the return is necessitated by an error on the part of The Electric Gate Shop Ltd
You should e-mail your request to cancel and obtain a returns note advice. Once you have informed us of your cancelation you have a further 14 days in which to return the goods. email@example.com
1. Invoices (organisations only) are payable within 30 days from date of invoice.
2. Any shortages/non deliveries must be reported within 7 working days of receipt of invoice.:
3. Delivery Times. Although we endeavour to deliver goods on the day suggested at the time of order, this is only a guide. We make no guarantees whatsoever, therefore we cannot be held responsible on any consequential loss for failed deliveries.
4. If you request a refund, your payment for the item will be refunded within 30 days. If you paid by credit card the refund will be made to the card you originally paid with. Otherwise a cheque will be sent to you within this period.
5.Refunds for goods lost in transit will only be made on receipt of proof of postage.
6.Goods returned as unsuitable will usually be exchanged for suitable ones, general returned goods can be subject to a 20% restocking fee dependant on order value and condition returned. Goods returned out of time (14 days from original supply) can be refused any credit.
7.Goods returned that have been fitted will not be credited unless by prior arrangement. If in special circumstance we do accept pre fitted parts they will be subject to a re stocking fee of between 25 and 50%.
8.None of the above terms and conditions affect your statutory rights.
9.Warranty issues must be brought to our attention by phone, email or letter. We cannot accept requests made by sms / text message.
10. Warranty goods are return to base. If an item is deamed as warranty it is returned to us for inspection, we retain the right to repair the goods if possible, or return the goods to the manufacturer for further investigation. All genuine warranty cases will be dealt with swiftly and replacements send out at no extra cost.
11. Warranty covers the repair and cost of replacement parts only, we do not accept claims for compensation, travelling or fitting costs. The Electric Gate Shop Ltd are agents for various manufacturers any additional claims must be made directly to the manufacturer.
12. The Electric Gate Shop Ltd endeavour to deal with problems and warranty as quickly and efficiently as possible, however we do not tolerate abusive or threatening behavior towards our staff and may refuse service in exceptional circumstances.
The Electric Gate Shop Ltd recommend that all installation locations should be surveyed and risk assessed on their individual merits, and all factors regarding Health & Safety issues be duly considered, prior to installation. Additionally and at all times, quotations, information, guidance or suggestions given by The Electric Gate Shop Ltd are offered in good faith, but we would recommend that at all times relevant risk assessment is undertaken, as above, to ensure that any installation of automation equipment and accessories meets the requirements of all relevant industry standards and recommendations currently in force, including in particular at the time of writing, BS EN 12453, BS EN 12445 and BS EN13241-1.
Final installation of equipment is always and in all cases the responsibility of the installer, and a qualified installer must follow the manufacturer’s instructions and advice at all times. Installation advice and drawings produced by The Electric Gate Shop Ltd are given in good faith and must be checked directly with the manufacturer during installation by the approved installer. The Electric Gate Shop Ltd accept no responsibility or liability if our advice is subsequently found to be incorrect, but we will always liaise with the installer and manufacturer to minimise installation problems.
Customers should satisfy themselves that the purchase of materials from The Electric Gate Shop Ltd are suitable and adequate for the project being undertaken, and meet the requirements of both their customer and comply with recommended industry accepted standards. In as much that we have no control over the final use to which goods supplied by The Electric Gate Shop Ltd are put, we therefore are unable to warrant that the goods will be suitable for any particular purpose.
( Disclaimer: - It is the responsibility of the installer to ensure that the item purchased is suitable for its intended use, that they use it in the manner for which it was designed and in compliance with any legislation in force – We will not be held responsible for any injury, damage or loss associated with the purchase or use of this equipment however caused. )